The Summer Olympics is an international multi-sport event that takes place once every four years. Athletes from around the world come together to compete in various sports and represent their countries. The upcoming Summer Olympics 2024, scheduled to be held in Paris, France, is all set to break new records and set new milestones.
Sports enthusiasts eagerly anticipate this event, and with just a few months to go, the excitement is building up. Here’s a comprehensive guide to the sporting events that will take place at the Summer Olympics 2024.
Athletics is a crucial part of the Olympics, and the 2024 edition is no different. The track and field events will be held at the newly constructed Paris Olympic Stadium, which is set to be one of the most advanced stadiums in the world. Here are some of the athletics events that you can look forward to:
- Track events, including sprints, relays, hurdles, and steeplechase
- Field events, including long jump, high jump, triple jump, pole vault, shot put, discus throw, and javelin throw
- Combined events, including decathlon and heptathlon
Swimming and diving events are a significant attraction of the Summer Olympics. The aquatic center for the 2024 edition will be located in the Seine-Saint-Denis district and is expected to be one of the most sustainable venues in Olympic history. Here are some of the aquatics events that you can look forward to:
- Swimming events, including freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly, and individual medley
- Diving events, including springboard and platform diving
Cycling events have been an integral part of the Summer Olympics since its inception. The cycling road races and time trials for both men and women will take place on the roads of Paris. Here are some of the cycling events that you can look forward to:
- Road cycling events, including road race and time trial
- Track cycling events, including sprint, pursuit, and omnium
Gymnastics events are a crowd favorite at the Summer Olympics. The 2024 edition will feature artistic and rhythmic gymnastics events, which will take place at the newly renovated La Coubertin Stadium. Here are some of the gymnastics events that you can look forward to:
- Artistic gymnastics events, including floor exercise, balance beam, uneven bars, and vault
- Rhythmic gymnastics events, including individual and group competitions
Team sports are always a highlight of the Summer Olympics, and the 2024 edition is no different. The team sports will take place at various venues across Paris, and here are some of the team sports that you can look forward to: